Here’s what I’ve done so far today:
- I showered, computered, coffeed and ate.
- I ironed and listened to Beethoven. The later was required by my job. Otherwise I would not have given myself the pleasure. Neither would I have ironed.
- I did not say my morning prayers.
- I read about the world’s prisoners and my heart gasped in pity.
- This was in the newspaper, which I sort of read. Mainly I look at the pictures, which I find are very good.
- I read Lorna’s poem. She posts a poem on her blog every day and it feels to me as though she writes them just for the two of us. But that’s only the way I look at it.
- I walked down my street. When I noticed pale pink roses spilling over a fence, I thrust my nose into one and breathed in pale pink fragrance.
- I thought about my mother and cried a little. Even after four years – do you believe that? Can a little crying count as prayer?